Acquisitions 2012-2018 - June 8, 2018 through January 27, 2019
Our Acquisitions 2012-2018 show invites visitors to discover a selection of works that include several pieces added to the Collection de l'Art Brut holdings since Sarah Lombardi became the museum's director in 2012. The over 150 drawings, paintings, sculptures, textile pieces and photographs highlight the museum's dynamism.
Some works are being shown for the first time, while others have already appeared in various thematic or monographic shows held at the museum between 2012 and 2018.
Bringing into play both the variety of the creations themselves and the highly diverse origins of their creators, this show reveals the museum acquisition policy's two main focus points. These are, on the one hand, to reinforce the existing bodies of works by such historic creators as Aloïse Corbaz, Philippe Dereux, Marguerite Burnat-Provins and Henri Salingardes and, on the other, to integrate works by new creators — the likes of Karl Beaudelaire–KXB7, Manuel Lanca Bonifacio, Charles Boussion, Gaël Dufrène, Davood Koochaki, Mehrdad Rashidi and Melvin Way — all of whom bear witness to the vitality of current Art Brut creativity.
This presentation also gratefully acknowledges the vital role that donors have played over the last seven years in enriching the Lausanne museum's holdings.
Exhibition Curator :Sarah Lombardi
The "Acquisitions 2012-2018" show in the médias:
La Liberté, Aurélie Lebreau, "Deux Mille œuvres supplémentaires", 8 juin 2018
Le Matin Dimanche, Isabelle Bratschi, "Les joyaux neufs de l'Art Brut", 10 juin 2018
24 Heures, Florence Millioud-Henriques, "On laisse d'abord parler les tripes", 14 juillet 2018
Sammler Anzeiger, Alain Grandjean, octobre 2018
june 8 - December 2, 2018
Thursday 7 June 2018, 6:30pm
Fascicule L’Art Brut N°26, under the direction of Sarah Lombardi, with texts by Frédéric Allamel, Astrid Berglund, Antoine Gentil, Edward M. Gómez, Pascale Jeanneret, Philippe Lespinasse, Françoise Monnin, Geraldo Porto, Pascal Saumade, Allen S. Weiss, Collection de l’Art Brut (Lausanne) & Infolio (Gollion), 2018, 18 x 24 cm, 150 illustrations, 160 pages.
Upon request for groups and classes: in French, German, English and Italian.
Partenariat avec le musée de l'Elysée
Du 8 juin au 23 septembre, les visiteurs des expositions Acquisitions 2012-2018 à la Collection de l'Art Brut et Jean Dubuffet. L'outil photographique au musée de l'Elysée bénéficieront d'un billet conjoint: pour un billet acheté dans l'un des deux musées, l'entrée au second sera offerte.
The exhibition Acquisitions 2012-2018 is accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- Public opening of the exhibition "Acquisitions 2012-2018" - Thursday 7 June 2018, 06:00 pm - online booking, within the limits of the seats available.
- Free guided tour of the "Acquisitions 2012-2018" exhibition - Saturday 1 September 2018, 02:15 pm - online booking, within the limits of the seats available.
- Free guided tour of the "Acquisitions 2012-2018" exhibition - Saturday 3 November 2018, 02:15 pm - online booking, within the limits of the seats available.
- Free guided tour of the "Nouvelles acquisitions 2012-2018" exhibition for teachers - Thursday 13 September 2018, 05:00 pm - online booking, within the limits of the seats available.
- Young People's Workshop "Colorise-moi!" - Saturday 1 September 2018, 02:00 pm
- Young People's Workshop "Color-me!" - Saturday 6 October 2018, 02:00 pm - online booking, within the limits of the seats available.
- Young People's Workshop "Color-me!" - Saturday 3 November 2018, 02:00 pm - online booking, within the limits of the seats available.
- ARL - Antonio Roseno de Lima
- Fleuri, Yves-Jules
- Merritt, Gene
- Nedjar, Michel
- Robertson, Royal
- Salingardes, Henri
- Sanfourche, Jean Joseph
- Verbena, Pascal
- Wittlich, Josef
- Burland, François
- Grünenwaldt, Martha
- Burnat-Provins, Marguerite
- Koczÿ, Rosemarie
- Teuscher, Gaston
- Bertanzetti, Daniele
- Boussion, Charles
- Dufrène, Gaël
- Hirschter, Dunya
- Koochaki, Davood
- Lanca Bonifacio, Manuel
- Lanz, Madeleine
- Miller, Daniel
- Neumayr, Alfred
- Rashidi, Mehrdad
- Smith , Richard C.
- Touilleux, Bernadette
- Way, Melvin
- Angkasapura, Noviadi
- Beaudelere, Karl - KXB7
- Dereux, Philippe
- Krizek, Jan
- Louden, Albert
- Naeff, Linda